As digital leaders, it is imperative that we keep up-to-date with current leading-edge thinking in an era characterised by turbulent digital change and digital disruption. Our Digital Leadership Insight series provides an annotated summary of the most recent and insightful reports covering the broad themes of digital disruption, digital transformation and digital leadership.
For the inaugural July edition, we review over 25 papers, books and reports on the ‘State of Digital 2016’.
Five main conclusions emerge from the publications reviewed below:
- There is now general acceptance across most organisations of the need to transform digitally.
- While no industry, no organisation, no individual is immune from the threat of being disrupted, there is a growing gap between ‘leading digital’ companies and the rest.
- Soft leadership skills, not just technology, are critical to successful transformation.
- There will be winners and losers in the digital race. A strong positive correlation exists between digital maturity and underlying financial performance.
- There will be winners and losers too at a governmental and national economy level. Leading digital nations are strongly positioned to capitalise on the next wave of digital disruption.
You can download Digital Leadership Insights Vol. 1: The State of Digital 2016 here - Digital%20Leadership%20Insights%20Vol%201%20July%202016.pdf
We hope you find the Insight series to be useful. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve this.
Insights Vol. 2, to be published early September, will summarise recent research covering the labour market and employment impact of digital disruption.